Acting for Lawyers 101
Bring your script to life with techniques used by actors.
You’ve got your opening statement written, now what? See you at trial?
The biggest mistake you can make is to think it’s the end of your prep work. You need more. Your fact-finders need more. Your client needs more. What’s missing is an integral part of the rehearsal process called script work.
Script work expands the opportunities for an actor to find truth and honesty. Without it, your scope is limited and powerful storytelling moments to make an impact on your audience are lost.
Never heard of this? That’s ok. Just imagine having a tool kit to make the words on the page match your goal and motivate your fact-finders to invest in the outcome of your case.
Get 2 ½ days of prep time in one 4-hour workshop and:
- Create a customized plan so adjusting on the fly feels natural- no more fear of “messing up”.
- Deliver an opening statement that gives your listeners ZERO reason to doubt your credibility.
- Paint a clear picture that ignites your fact-finder’s imagination (because being vague is your enemy).
- Feel more at ease standing in front of your listeners- without getting stuck in your head.
- BONUS: Time-saving tools to help you familiarize, memorize, and refine your opening script.
That’s a lot of stress off your shoulders right?
How it works:
Present 10 minutes of an upcoming, or past, opening statement (oral arguments welcome) and get real-time, constructive feedback from career actors and like-minded attorneys.
SPACE IS LIMITED to 4 participants.
When: Saturday, October 21, 2023 OPEN
Time: 8am-12pm (Pacific)/ 11am-3pm (Eastern)
Where: Remote via Zoom
Sessions: One, 4-hour session of improv training for lawyers
Cancellation Policy: Once a participant is registered with payment, any cancellations made 30-10 days prior to the workshop date will be subject to a 25% cancellation fee. No refunds will be given for cancellations less than 10 days prior to the workshop.